Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Genius inside me

Hari ini sedang menyibukkan diri fulfilling my curiosity on art. Then I found this remarkable website of Urgyen Sangharakshita, seorang pemeluk Buddha, tentang art. Sebelumnya sudah banyak informasi yang aku dengar dan baca tentang art, tapi itu tidak semata-mata membuatku ahli dalam bidang art…masih jauuuuhhhh. Tapi setidaknya, aku jadi tau ada 5 perguruan tinggi seni negeri di Indonesia, dan aku baru tau pula kalau IKJ itu perguruan tinggi swasta, bukan negeri (hah...kemana saja kau Debby!!! Pasti kalau Bang Rani yang bukan seorang perempuan itu tau tentang ini, kupingku sudah dijewer dan aku diuber-uber untuk di….cium!! Hiiiiiiiii……).

Kembali ke Urgyen ini, dia punya sebuah website pencerahan tentang art, yang tentu saja tidak ilmiah sehingga agak sulit untuk mengutip kata-katanya untuk sebuah laporan ilmiah. But I enjoy the read, especially this one from Nabokov:

Being aware of being aware of being (daleeeemmmm – red). In other words, if I not only know that I am, but also know that I know it, then I belong to the human species. All the rest follows, the glorious thought, poetry, a vision of the universe. In that respect, the gap between ape and man is immeasurably greater than the one between amoeba and ape. The difference between an ape's memory and a human memory is the difference between an ampersand and the British Museum Library.

Menurut si Urgyen, jenius itu adalah “guardian angel” seseorang, yang merepresentasikan kekuatan yang lebih tinggi dan melingkupi seorang manusia, memandu dan mengarahkannya dalam bertindak. Yang bertindak sebagai guardian angel sebetulnya adalah his own higher self, yang independen atau quasi-independen dari his ordinary self. Ketika kita minta perlindungan kepada yang lebih tinggi daripada kita (ini kata Urgyen ya, bukan kata aku), kita sebetulnya sedang invoking some higher power which seems outside us but which at the same time is really and trully our own highest self. Dan dari sanalah sebuah karya indah datang.

So…the genius is not out there….it’s inside us. Let’s celebrate this…I AM GENIUS!!! Moreover…Am I God? Good Lord…the more I’m involved in this project, the more ngelunjak I am as a human being *Kabur ah...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home