Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm no deadfish

Currently been thinking about "follow the current" and its stuffs concerning my project proposal. I took it that my proposal was an interdisciplinary study, but I wasn't allowed to do some interdisciplinary study unless I'm willing to give up on my career. What else would a lecturer hope to get in the future when she/he trapped her/himself to this kinda profession? A professorship? Right....a professorship....that is the highest academic degree a teacher could get from his/her sacrifices of not having the hedonistic way of life.

Unfortunately my kinda thinking is not a single disciplinary thinking. That's why my formal education backgrounds are so colorful. I cannot decide (until now!) which discipline I'm very good at. Maybe discipline of being independent is what I'm good at since high school. Hehehe. I take it as my current weakness. When I proposed my idea on characteristics of intrapreneurship, I thought (and hoped) it would be a single discipline work (psychology work of art). I was given input from many people about the interdisciplinary nature of that future work, and that should be suitable to some business schools. Nooooooo....I want it as psychological as possible! I don't want business school. I already got an offer to a business school at NUS, but I was not allowed to do that! It must be in the psychology department. Booohooohooooo.....

This morning while stuffing my head with new strategy, I smelled dead bodies on my way to office. I was afraid Ryan had reached UI to spread horror here. But no...it's not Ryan at all. Hehehe. It was the smell of deadfish, tens of thousands of deadfish in the drainage ditch! It's like some wicked people had poured something poisonous to the poor drainage ditch and killed the poor fishes. They all went to follow the current...and suddenly I realized that "I AM NO DEAD FISH...BECAUSE ONLY DEAD FISH FOLLOWS THE CURRENT!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I AM NO DEAD FISH...BECAUSE ONLY DEAD FISH FOLLOWS THE CURRENT!" <<<< WOnderfull !!!

"Batak Juga"

09 September, 2008 20:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. Pernah nonton film "Finding Nemo"? I like it alot! The movie taught me something about not following the current. That was just popped in my head when I thought about my life's goal. Pretty philosophical, na? I like being philosophical sometimes, to make sense of my life ;-)

10 September, 2008 10:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home