Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nightmare before leaving Jakarta

Tomorrow is the D-day, and still worried about what I am leaving here. The improvement of our research proposal is already uploaded, so not so worry about it. The presentation is on Feb 25, which is I will not be here but bang hamdi will take care of it (oh God, please remind bang hamdi not to leave Depok at the presentation day. He's not yet a professor, but his behavior is already professorlike, if you know what I mean :P)

Then the research on children with extraordinary IQ at preeminent high schools. Phewww...this is a very difficult one. But we will do our best. Ringking is doing the rest. Hehehehe. This is not a nightmare though, since we can work on only small amount of samples to produce small amount of report. Hopefully everything's under control until I comeback to work it out, since I'm in charge of the report (aaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh.....).

Syllabus!!! Well...this is going to be constant nightmare since I have to read stacks of books and piles of case studies. In action April to May, everyday Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 3 pm. Can you figure out what kind of a person I will be after 2 months teaching since there are only 2 of us teaching the subject? I'm just sooooo grateful that my part at other classes will not that heavy.

And last but not least, KC and Aten. Well, I'm doing my best as their mediator (and third author kekekekeke). Aten has promised me to send his writing in Indonesian, and I will translate that in English and send it to KC. KC is waiting unpatiently (and sometimes it's annoying in my part) and Aten is working with his usual pace (slowly but sure - or slowly not so sure? only God knows). And I'm going out of country for nearly 2 weeks, while KC is waiting the article to be sent (Aten promised him to send the article early February!!!) Because of this, I lost my passion to write my own proposal. Oh God....

Finally, not a nightmare though, Ringking and I were treated lunch by Pak Enoch today at Bloc Cafe (hmmm yummy....). After lunch, the adults were looking for books at the bookstore, while Ringking and I were looking at "buy 1 get 1 free" t-shirt. There's a difference between intellectual and unintellectual ones. The intellectual will surely look for books when they find a bookstore, and the opposite one look for other than books! Or maybe in other way: adults will look for books, and adolescence will look for t-shirts. Hehehehe....very late adolescence though...

Anyway...we found 2 cool t-shirts - 100% imperialist produced by propagangster - : a yellow one with "Kill Bill: Let Linux Rules the World!" writing in the front, and a red one with "Stop Bush" writing. We bought the same t-shirts, and that means we already have 3 twin t-shirts. Alamaaaakkk....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home