Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

How "L o V e" really works?

Some people would say that LOVE is a wonderful thing. I agree. Some people say that LOVE is a miserable thing. I would agree as well. Some people say that you cannot rate it, measure it, you just feel it. It's kinda emotional thing. Meaning that you don't use rational side of your brain to love someone. Hmmm...

Couple of days ago a friend told a story about a guy who feels that he was falling in love. He thought that the girl was a working girl, works in an office (secretary or something), busy on weekdays and free on weekends. Has a period leave, health insurance and so on. Their relationship was fine for months until one day....

He found out that the girl he loved was a maid to an expatriate. A very sophisticated maid since she has everything working girls have, except that...she was a maid. To make the story short, he suddenly doesn’t love her and dumped her!

LOVE experts should see this phenomenon. How come the guy who admits that he loves the girl very much, suddenly didn't feel love anymore as he learned the fact that the girl was a maid?
Was it because LOVE really is a rational thing instead of emotional one?

Consider story number 2. A friend of mine suddenly decided to marry someone she even wouldn't consider as a husband before. She even felt understressed (or embarrased to be exact?) to invite us to their wedding because of his physical appearance (compare to her boyfriends). To be honest, that moment I just agreed with her. Why of other men in the world, did she choose him? Was it because he was a good listener? Until one day I (we) get it very clear: he got one in a million chance to work at an international broadcasting company in Britain where he could bring his family with him! It was almost a dream to her. Now she is a mother of 2 beautiful girls, living in London and she's still in love with her husband. A very happy ending. This story makes it very clear that LOVE is a rational thing :-) (I'm so sorry Ran, to pick you as an example)

Another story from the internet, based on true story, is a girl who marry to a man she doesn’t love at all. At first she arranged the guy to her friend, but she refused him because of his physical appearance. She made a bet on him, that she would marry him and love him the way he is. Then she married him. At first she had to compromise with herself, but then little by little she loves him the way he is and finds the best part of him that make her love growing bigger and bigger everyday. And now (I mean until I read the story a couple of years ago) they live happily ever after. See?

Reflecting on my own cases, I do use my ratio when I decide to love someone. Hehehe...But when I'm into it, I feel like I lost my mind, thinking of him everyday even when I’m busy with my works. That’s really torturing, but you just enjoy that feeling. Maybe that's why people always say that love is irrational thing.

Gatawwww ahhhh....lappeeeeeerrr….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home