Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Thursday, November 02, 2006

JOBS TODAY

Why in the world can't you be serious in doing your job after a long holiday? I have this difficulty (I call it "holiday syndrome") to be seriously involved in anything I do until I get stuck with the deadlines.

Next week we will have a visit from the BAN assessors for our accreditation of Master of Science Program. This is a sudden visitation, for we haven't got any letter concerning that visit yet. Now I now that formally you wouldn't get any warning about the visit and who your assessors will be, it's sort of like a "sidak" (inspeksi mendadak) in government organizational behavior. Well, informally though, you would get that warning at least a week before the venue from any sources.

Five years ago our Master of Science Program got an Excellent Predicate in accreditation, and we have to maintain that position now. The board wanted to impress the assessors by showing our strength in technology usage and content. A friend and I have to make a presentation slide for that purpose. But how???!! Please pray for us....

Yesterday KC emailed me, what a surprise! Haven't got any messages from him this last 2 months, and suddenly he emailed me asking for my colleagues Aten and my PhD proposal. Well, like Ibu Mimi said, "you will get over it after a week". That works with KC.

Yesterday I was an hour late for Mba Anni invitation to Hanamasa Mahakam, but finally I could make it. I met with Bang Rani who admitted that he lost several pounds but it seemed that he's just the same as I saw him the last time we met. Mas Ndaru was like I saw in Bali couple of month ago. Wawan and Nana, the couple of AIF, were getting bigger and more mature. Mba Anni who hasn't lost her enthusiasm in the development of Indonesian young family, will be back to Tokyo this evening. Bang Jehan whom I cited in my book on Sustainable Development, just got back from Tokyo and has gotten his PhD degree. He also had his second child ( a girl) delivered only three month ago. Congratulations. Nice to meet them all.

Now, I am staring at my computer, making my presentation slide. Everyone's upstairs in the auditorium to have halal bi halal and free lunch, and I am here doing this boring job. But instead of finishing the presentation, I write my blog. It's more interesting than making a presentation slide or having a halal bi halal upstairs. Hmmmmm.....is it??!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home