Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blesing in Disguise (again)

Now it's a story of my blessings in disguise. Just so you know, I am a real procrastinator, and I can't help it. And this is a story of a procrastinator, with a big disclaimer DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF.

As my research abstract for a congress was accepted, the committee asked a full article of it. Together with the standard for article writing, they sent a letter to the accepted abstract writers to write the full article to be submitted in August 31, 2009 at the latest. When did they ask the people to submit the full article? In June. Well...that was a very long period to write one article. And so it was...I forgot about it until four days before the deadline (thanks to my mobile agenda).

Four days prior to the deadline, I realized that I haven't written anything yet. I got anxious for minutes....then my adrenaline went up. Suddenly I used my spare time wisely, and felt soooo content. Until oneday...a day before we went to Bandung to have fun. I knew all too well that I wouldn't have time to think about the article while having fun, so I pushed myself hard to write the night before Bandung, and stopped when I felt that it's already met the committee's standard. Hehehe...now you know the quality of my work :-P

To make the long story short, my article was accepted to be published in a book together with other selected works. Wow...it's easy to write, really...given my ability in English that is as bad as my Batak language. Hehehe...

To be continued....gotta go to bed now. Exhausted being an evil and angel today :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Barracuda Essence said...

Thanks for sharing..

06 August, 2019 16:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home