Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Today's Quotes

Without any training
It's pouring, it's raining
Training or a trade
Hey you bet I'm afraid
Unequipped with a skill
But I'm thrilled with the thrill
Under skilled, unprepared
Hey, who wouldn't be scared?
(The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
"Noise Brigade" " Let's Face It")

What I hear, I forget.
What I see, I remember.
What I do, I understand.
(Kung Fu Tzu [Confucius])

Students do not learn much just sitting in classes listening to teachers, memorizing prepackaged assignments, and spitting out answers. They must talk about what they are learning, write reflectively about it, relate it to past experiences, and apply it to their daily lives. They must make what they learn part of themselves. (Arthur W. Chickering and Stephen C. Ehrmann)

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. (Dudley Field Malone)

The human mind is so complex and things are so tangled up with each other that, to explain a blade of straw, one would have to take to pieces an entire universe. . . . A definition is a sack of flour compressed into a thimble (RÈmy de Gourmont - "Glory and the Idea of Immortality")

A chain is no stronger than its weakest link, and life is after all a chain (William James "The Varieties of Religious Experience")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home