Debby@Home

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey. I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hope for; almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I among all men am truly blessed”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Depok, West Java, Indonesia

I am an ordinary woman with extraordinary interest in everything

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

News from Yahoo.com: 1 in 3 laptops die in first three years

Really excited to read the news from Yahoo today, comparing laptop brands, which ones die easy and which ones die hard. The results are:

> 20.4 percent of failures are due to hardware malfunctions. 10.6 percent are due to drops, spills, or other accidental damage.

> Netbooks have a roughly 20 percent higher failure rate due to hardware malfunctions than standard laptops. The more you pay for your laptop, the less likely it is to fail in general (maybe because you're more careful with it?).

> The most reliable companies? A shocker: Toshiba and Asus, both with below a 16 percent failure rate due to hardware malfunction.

> The least reliable brands? Acer, Gateway, and HP. HP's hardware malfunction rate, the worst in SquareTrade's analysis, is a whopping 25.6 percent.

My first laptop was HP Compaq, granted to my brother's company almost 2 years ago after 4 years of usage on my side. It was a tough laptop, maybe because I took good care of it. My second laptop (still using it now at home) is Asus and the third one Toshiba netbook, I use both interchangeably since carrying heavy laptops is not considered wise now. Well, at least I chose the right brand according to the survey...my friends told me choosing product out of brands is useless nowadays. But you won't choose something that would become part of your life carelessly, right?

(source: www.yahoo.com)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home